Sunday 27 November 2011

Explanations required...

Hi everybody
My name's Andrew E Lander Stow and I'm 59 years old. My brother, Nevil Stow - 48 years old, and I will be going for a little trip in 2013 and this blog is to keep all of you up-to-date with the ideas and preparations we do as we build to our first "StowsAway".
As we will both be blogging to this site we will be signing our blogs so you know which, blithering idiot, is talking.
A bit of background...
In 2010, Nevil rode the Dempster and Dalton Highways on his BMW Warthog. An easy first expedition for him as he is a Naturalised Canadian and lives in Canmore...Canmore is usually white! He has his previous blog here www.mytb.org/nevil 

I Bought Babs (Babushka) and 3 days later it snowed - Yippee!
In 2011, I (Andy) rode from the UK to Ereentsay in Eastern Mongolia and back on a Ural Cross sidecar outfit. I became the first person to ride a sidecar outfit all the way across Mongolia. The website for that adventure is www.joatmoa.com.

Babs in Irbit, Siberia, Russian Federation
At the top of a 7000ft pass on the way to Ulaangom, Mongolia

The large statue of Temujin Borjigin (Chingis Khan)

Babs taking the air at Lake Baikal between Ulan Ude and Irkutsk

Armed guards at a petrol station. Yes, that's a machine gun!


3 comments:

  1. Babushka says 'С Рождеством' !

    I'll keep an eye out for the itnerary and buy you a vodka or two (plus a lemonade for the old guy) somewhere in Russia. It's all your fault - I've chucked in the job, got a new tent, 3 GPS and busy prepping for 2012.

    All the best Uri aka robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want any help then e-mail or ring. Good to hear from you and say 'Hi' to Babs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andy, might well take you up on that kind offer. I do have that old Dnepr chair in the front garden which you could weld to the Yam as a stabilizer :-)

    ReplyDelete