Saturday 7 April 2012

April....no fools here....perhaps!

Andy here..
I managed to get a second-hand, but nearly new, Acerbis tank for my XT. It holds 23 litres (5 gallons) and will dramatically improve the range of the XT over the original, 15lts, tank.
I also bought some 6mm braided fuel hose, 12 x 11mm Mikalor hose clips and a very natty, little, fuel filter.
The tank came with two fuel taps and when you look inside the tank both taps have fuel filters but I wanted a filter so that I could see any water in the fuel. The little filter has also got a small magnet to trap metallic impurities. A bargain for £1.25... I bought 4 so I can carry spares.
The 'Fat Bastard' has now earned it's name after this mornings 'girth expansion' exercise

Natty little filter
Just over an inch long, a clear space below to spot water and a small magnet...£1.25!



As the Honda advert said for the CBX1000 "No wider than the rider's knees"

If I wear white trousers it'll look like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment